My Winter Capsule Wardrobe
It took me a very long time to finally dive into living with a capsule wardrobe. I first stumbled on the concept several years ago when I discovered Un-Fancy and became obsessed with the idea, and decided it was something I would definitely have to try. For a long time, I kept telling myself that I would do it 'soon', and 'as soon as I was ready'- I always felt like I just needed to add a few more things to make my wardrobe good enough to make a capsule wardrobe.
In January I stumbled on the blog Gold Zipper, and watched her video about wearing the same dress for one month. This level of extreme challenge really appealed to me, and I decided to begin Project 333 the very next day.
I haven't posted my winter capsule here, just yet, and I know the winter is pretty much over now. But I wanted to do this challenge for myself, without having to worry about sharing every detail. I have been keeping track, though, of what I've been wearing every day, minus a couple of weeks in the middle where I was sick for a while.
In this post, I will be sharing what items I included in my capsule wardrobe, and the 'rules' I have been following throughout the challenge.
My Winter Capsule Wardrobe
I chose to follow 'Project 333' for my capsule challenge this time around. This meant that I included 33 items in my capsule, including tops, bottoms, outerwear, shoes, dresses, accessories, and any other part of my 'regular' wardrobe. I didn't include any loungewear, activewear, PJs, or underwear. I also didn't include a few necessary 'winter items' like my scarf, hat, and mittens.
At about the two month mark, I realized I still hadn't worn one of the pieces I had originally included in my capsule (a button down denim skirt). I removed it with the intention of replacing it with something else, but I still haven't decided on what that will be. I like having the freedom of knowing there is one more thing I could include if I am ever 'stuck' on what to wear.
Here's what I included in my winter capsule:
1. Cream silk tee / Thrifted
2. Mock neck sweater tee / Thrifted
3. Black tank top / Thrifted
4. Oversized striped tee / Thrifted
5. Oversized checker top / Thrifted
1. Oversized cardigan / Consignment
2. Black crew neck sweater / Thrifted
3. Cashmere crew sweater / Everlane
4. Brown duster vest / Consignment
5. Oversized textured sweater / Thrifted via ThredUp
1. Wide leg cropped pants / Everlane
2. White raw hemmed denim / Thrifted
3. Distressed jeans / Levis
4. Black skinny jeans / Everlane
1. 3/4 sleeved black dress / Thrifted via ThredUp
2. Deep V-neck dress / Everlane
1. Small triangle necklace / Old
2. Statement necklace / Michelle Ross
3. U-necklace / ABLE
4. Round earrings / ABLE
5. Small silver earrings / Old
6. Colourful backpack / Old
7. Grey scarf / Consignment
8. Black tote / Consignment
1. Black heeled slides / Thrifted
2. Black chelsea boots / Nisolo
3. White suede sneakers / Veja
4. Winter boots / The North Face
5. Rain boots / 0ld
1. Emerald green mohair coat / Thrifted
2. Rust puffer jacket / Christmas gift several years ago
3. Long waterproof black jacket / Old
And there you have it! The 32 items I've been wearing for the past 3 months. Stay tuned for next week when I will be posting my spring/summer capsule wardrobe!